Saturday 21 April 2012

A Cold Front

My birthday weekend is upon me and I'm spending it tucked up in bed nursing a cold and throat infection :'(

Of all the weekends to get sick this has to be up there in the top five worst times to be ill (hot on the heels of being ill on my wedding day, hen weekend and Christmas)

This time yesterday I was fine, in fighting form and counting down to 5pm ready to kickstart my birthday weekend with the mister. By 9pm I was in bed with lemsip and a hot water bottle. Sod's law.

So instead of a big night out knocking back cocktails and later stuffing my face with the only post alcohol meal worth mentioning (chips & cheese) I'm faced with the prospect of a takeaway and Saturday night tv on the couch. And there's nothing wrong with that, in fact we do it quite often on a Saturday night after a heavy week at work - but on your birthday weekend it's kind of lame to say the least.

I thought if I managed to get a long lie in bed this morning I would be able to sleep most of it off. Alas that wasn't to be as I was woken up at 7.30am when my neighbours decided that was an appropriate time to start doing DIY and cranked their electric drill up full volume, to the extent that I thought they were going to burst through my bedroom wall and join us.

So my lie in was scuppered, my plans for tonight are out the window and I suspect that our trial wedding meal at our venue tomorrow will be wasted on me because my taste buds currently only recognise water.

If this was Christmas I'd be quoting Scrooge right now. Instead I'll just curl up & feel sorry for myself.

Over & out xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment