Monday 25 April 2011

A Decent Proposal

Well it finally happened. The Mr got down on one knee and proposed he make an honest woman of me. An offer which I graciously accepted (after the initial ohemgees and nervous giggles and the obligatory "are you sure?").

Therefore the stage has now been set for the Brooks/Stanley wedding and I couldn't be more excited if I tried. It's only been two days and already my mind is in overdrive - the bridal magazines are currently lying open at random pages on my bed, I have various wedding venue websites opened on my internet browser and I'm making preliminary lists of who'll be involved in the bridal party. Exciting times ahead doesn't even begin to describe it.

Being the fashion lover that I am, I want a dress that is nothing less than extraordinary without being something that I'll look back on in ten years time and think why the hell did I wear that. Timeless elegance is the key. My gorgeous little cousin is a budding fashion designer and she has already started on her design ideas for an array of dresses. The sooner the designs land on my desk the better! She's only 10 and she's ridiculously talented for such a young girl - I can't wait to see her ideas and I'm going to use her original design for the flower girl dresses at the very least.

With family living in Australia, a house to buy and money to save, the wedding of my year won't happen for another two years - but it's never too early to start planning. And I've got plenty of ideas up my sleeve. I've already seen my perfect wedding shoes which are getting purchased at the end of this month once I've been paid - I doubt they'll still be in the shops in two years time (and if they've gone "out" of fashion, I'm going to bring them right back in) and I have to have them. They are 'the ones'. So that's one thing out of the way! Now I just need to get a dress, wedding rings, flowers, decide how I'll wear my hair, bridesmaids dresses, help my mum find a mother of the bride outfit, help the Mr pick his suits (because he cannot be trusted to do that himself), find a venue, book a honeymoon...but hey at least I'll have the shoes.

Ah love...









1 comment: