Thursday 7 April 2011

Net - A - Dreamer

Every couple of days I get a darling email delivered to my inbox. Quite often entitled "Look of the Day" or "Your Perfect Outfit" - followed swiftly by a little laughing man and the age old phrase "you wish!"

The words "Hello Claire come and gaze upon what you can't ever have" may as well be the permanent subject heading but I still get a thrill of excitement everytime Mr Net-A-Porter pays me a visit.

I think I hit an all-time natural high this morning when I perused the website at all the new stock on offer (oh to be one of the 'other half' for just 24 hours so I could buy myself some of these little gems). Admittedly I'm not a fan of everything high fashion, I think sometimes designers cross the line and veer dangerously into the tacky/gaudy side of fashion, but in general net-a-porter delivers the goods.

One woman who has become a major fixture on my net-a-porter wish list of late is the one and only Victoria Beckham - you have to hand it to her; what she lacks in vocal talent, she more than makes up for in the style stakes. VB knows exactly what looks good, not only on herself, but on other women and she's proven to be a hit among some of Hollywood's biggest female stars. I'm loving this stunning draped purple parachute-silk dress. Sadly (for those who can afford such a luxury) so do many others and the dress is sold out...but oh a girl can dream can't she?




 Another designer who has recently caught my eye is the magnificent Giambattista Valli - Penelope Cruz and Queen Rania are big fans of his designs. Looks like Penelope and I have a couple of things in common - only she actually got to marry Javier Bardem and gets to wear Valli. I think this grey silk draped front dress is stunning and as soon as I saw it I could picture Natalie Portman wearing it (pregnant bump and all). The cut and shape at the top of the dress is quite similar to the Rodarte number she wore at the Oscars and I can picture her rocking this with flat silver gladiator sandals for a dressed down look on a summer's day in LA.


This is a more structured dress that I could actually picture someone like Victoria Beckham wearing - you can tell it's very a clearly a dress from this picture but watching a model sashay down the catwalk, you would swear it's a top and brightly coloured skirt. Fab-u-lous.


If I ever make it to the Hollywood red carpet I'll turn to Catherine Malandrino fashion inspiration. This glamorous navy gown is so elegant and I've got an image of Marilyn Monroe or Elizabeth Taylor in my head when I look at this design.


Azzaro - I just want this. For me. I picture me in this dress.


Alexander McQueen was a master of his time and I'm glad his legacy is continuing under the leadership of Sarah Burton.  This Swarovski embellished skull clutch is incredible and could be teamed up with pretty much anything (I'm picturing skinny jeans, towering stilletos, gold belt, simple top and a statement necklace) - and what better to wear with it than this amazing McQueen skull ring?




And so my morning of net-a-porter gazing must come to an end...until next time my lovelies x

No comments:

Post a Comment