Thursday 23 June 2011

Forty Years On and Still Smiling

Today marks a very momentous occasion - it's been an incredible FORTY years since my mum and dad stood up in front of their friends and family and said "I do" - forty years!

I'm a firm believer that your parents will play a massive part in your future relationships - and watching my folks over the years has been a massive inspiration to me. Seeing how happy they've been, and still are, is really satisfying and encouraging that love actually lasts. I also have to raise the point that my mum is a very patient woman ;-)

As someone who is embarking on marriage herself, seeing my folks celebrate Ruby wedding anniversary is an amazing feeling - I see them as my role models and if, in forty years time, Stan and I are in as happy a place as they are then I'll know we've done well.

I wish I had some pictures here from their wedding day I could upload to show everyone just how amazing they looked on their big day but sadly everything's up in Glasgow. But I will say one thing; my mumma was shhhhmokin hot!

Congratulations Mum & Dad, thanks for being amazing role models xxxxxxxxxxx

1 comment:

  1. Woop to your Mum and Dad! Very well done on her behalf, I really don't know how our mothers do it!
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete